What Comes Next?
After your initial apprenticeship application has been submitted, you will need to complete the following steps:
1. Send official transcripts to Parkland Admissions
- Official high school transcript or proof of GED (required)
- Previous college transcript (if applicable)
*Note: College course work may exempt students from assessment testing
2. Submit Federal Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA) waiver to Parkland Admissions
- Explanation of FERPA here
- Form available here
- Release records to IPLSA and employer
3. Complete Assessment Testing
If testing accommodations are needed, please first contact Accessibility Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: ACT/SAT within three years or college transcripts may exempt you
4. Attend online orientation
*Note: Session information and link will be sent after the above steps have been completed.
5. Register and Pay for Classes
- Registration instructions are provided at online orientation
- Apprenticeship sponsor will complete the third-party sponsor form to cover cost of tuition, additional course fees, and textbooks.
- Contact Kory Allred at email@example.com for assistance if needed.
Once the application has been submitted and reviewed, and you have been hired by the survey firm, you will become a pre-apprentice. Additionally, after completion of the program, and apprentice who would like to continue their education to become a professionally licensed surveyor has the option of converting their coursework into college credit that can be applied toward a surveying degree.